With the excitement of the engagement and the endless glares spent deeply looking at the diamond dazzler on your left hand have started to become reality. Your friends have begun to drop quite obvious hints that is time to let them do their part in the whole wedding process…. and that is being give the go ahead form the bride to be to start consuming their time with the hen night organisation.
There is so much choice out there and it is (hopefully) the one and only time you will be throwing your friend the party to mark her last night of freedom. As we know with choice, we often struggle deciding what we want and end up spending more money than necessary….
Tip 1. Home Made Spa Treatment
Every girl loves a bit of pampering and no more than a group of hens, in preparation for a night out on the town. However, the cost of these spa retreats can become very expensive when you add the travel costs, accommodation with the cost of the other activities you have planned.
What a bride wants, a bride gets, so pampering it is, in the comfort of your own home.
This is a great way for everyone to use up all the gifts they were given at Christmas and Birthdays.
- Facial Scrub
- Foot Spa
- All you need is hot water, a bucket and some bubble bath
- Foot Scrub
For extra effect, add gentle calming music and scented candles
TIP 2. DECORATIONS
- Candles always set the mood and add the fairytale, romantic edge to the night or combined with other décor can add a twist of cheekiness. Candles can be scattered anywhere around the room or on the table.
- Fairy lights are another option, as they are very simple, yet add such an effect and can be bought in different colours and shapes (heart shapes, flowers, or something a little bit more adult), transforming even the blandest room to light up (excuse the pun).
- Balloons make a party feel like an occasion, you have choice of colours to match any theme.
Tip 3. Accessories
You can make your cocktails a feature of the night, by putting down an old but clean colourful pashmina as your table cloth, with a few bottle of bubbly and hey presto you have your own cocktail bar in the room.
There are loads of reasonably prices naughty shaped cocktail stirrers you can purchase. Indoor sparklers always add that special touch to a cake
Cupcakes are really cheap and easy to make, even for the less natural bakers. Best thing is if they do not turn out looking perfect, the plan is cover the top with pin or red icing. It is always a good idea to have something to nibble on whilst you drink, to ensure no light weights get left behind.
TIP 4. PREPARE COCKTAILS BEFORE YOU HIT THE CLUB
Starting off at home or a hotel room is a great way to keep the costs on drinks low and an opportunity to have a mixture of the drinks you like, accompanied with some favourite tunes. The atmosphere is natural and a great prep for the night to come.
- 1 1/2 oz light rum
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 1/4 oz sugar syrup
Essential ingredient – Crushed Ice
- 1 lime (for juicing)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 11/2 shots white rum
- 11/2 club soda
- 1 handful of mint for touch of flavour and sprinkling on top for decoration
- Measurement dependant on glass size- always drink responsibly.
- Add mint leaves, lime juice, sugar and mix together
- Add the crushed ice, rum and the club soda.
- Strain the drink, add mint leaves, stir and garnish with a few mints leaves and a handful of ice cubes and crushed ice.
- Replace the lime juice with cranberry juice and a splash of lime juice to make the cocktail red and add to a colour theme.
This cocktail is a refreshing Summery drink , great to get you into the Latin spirit, where you will be shaking those hips before you know it.
Sex on the Beach
This is where the night takes a naughty twist, who doesn’t love sex on the beach? It is a familiar cocktail that goes down well with the ladies.
- 1 shot vodka
- 1 shot peach schnapps (archers)
- 200ml orange juice
- 200ml cranberry juice
- 2 shots raspberry syrup
- Add the ice to glass and the shot of vodka.
- Add the peach schnapps and mix with orange and cranberry juice
To finish top off the drink with the raspberry syrup shots.
Tip 5. Lanterns in the sky
As this is a special night, everyone has something they wish for and what better to mark the occasion with lanterns you light and let off to float in the sky. It adds such a magical touch to the meaning of the night and is surprisingly very cheap to buy. You can let these off in the garden as long as there is room for the lantern to float up. Better still to really mark the moment if you are in Brighton, the beach is a great place to do this. You could even do this and then head straight to a bar or a club, making your hen night special, yet effortless.
These little short cuts will show the extra thought you have put into the small yet very important details, to make the Bride-to-be feel special, as she deserves. This also leaves you with some extra cash to splash on other aspects of the hen party.